SunStreet Presents ‘Power To The Planet’ 2018
On April 22nd, SunStreet celebrated it’s first annual Earth Day event, Power to the Planet, in the Orange County Great Park. During this event, we shared our story and mission statement to the local community. We also shared the environmental benefits of new home solar living through our digital learning experience.
To go along with the learning experience, our guests received cool eco-friendly freebies to take home like SunStreet solar chargers and water bottles. One lucky winner even scored a high-tech SunStreet bike!
In case you missed out, here are some of the fun facts we shared throughout the learning experience:
Fun Facts about Solar Energy
- Solar energy is the most abundant energy resource on earth – 173,000 terawatts of solar energy strikes the Earth continuously. That’s more than 10,000 times the world’s total energy use.
- Solar energy systems do not produce air pollutants or carbon dioxide.
- Solar energy systems on buildings have minimal effects on the environment.
Fun Facts about Biking
- If Americans living within the 5 miles of their workplace rode a bike to work just one day a week, it would save almost five million tons of pollution every year.
- A San Francisco Bay Area study found that increasing biking and walking from 4 to 24 minutes a day on average would reduce cardiovascular disease and diabetes by 14% and decrease GHGF by 14%.
- If 20% of schoolchildren living within two miles of school were to bike or walk instead, it would prevent 356,000 tons of C02 from being released.